3 days practical course will cover theoretical and practical aspects of the following super-resolution (SR) techniques:
- High resolution confocal scanning followed with image deconvolution
- Leica adaptive deconvolution module Lightning for SR confocal imaging
- SRRF-Stream computational SR module on confocal spinning disc
- Structured illumination microscopy: SIM, Lattice SIM and Lattice SIM2
- Stimulated emission depletion – STED microscopy
- Single molecule localization microscopy: dSTORM, 3D-PALM
The theoretical and practical parts include SIM and also localization data reconstruction and the confocal and STED image data deconvolution.
Participants will have an opportunity to test their own samples and try to set up their sample specific acquisition parameters. If desired, please contact organizers in advance for advice in sample preparation.
The course will be organized in the morning block of plenary lectures and afternoon practical and hands-on sessions:
The block of plenary lectures is aimed to describe presented super-resolution techniques, principles of each method and physical background. Real examples of scientific results reached in the field of biology will be presented in short lectures.
During hands-on sessions, participants will be practically experienced how to set crucial parameters for the methods. During this part, participants will work in small groups and will have an opportunity to try out the techniques for themselves.
Please, see the detailed program.
During the course, participants will be practically introduced to variety of advanced imaging system and also to the software solutions for image post-processing.
The list of machines and software you find bellow:
- Leica TCS SP8
- Leica STELLARIS 8 FALCON with the LIGHTNING adaptive deconvolution
- Andor Dragonfly 503 – spinning disk confocal microscope with SRRF-Stream
- DeltaVision OMX™ V4
- Leica TCS SP8 STED 3X
- ZEISS Elyra7 with modules: Lattice SIM, Lattice SIM2 and 3D-PALM
- Huygens Professional deconvolution software
- Imaris software for 3D visualization
SLM Course Program
Download Course Program (PDF)